Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Bel & Salta: Part 3: Calchaqui valley and Cafayate Wineries

My bronchitis and I felt like hell on my wine tasting tour to Cafayate, but it didn´t stop me from taking pictures...
I took pictures of the Calchaqui Valley from the bus and in every stop the bus tour made.
Closing my eyes, pretending i´m not moaning like a dying cow...
This place i"s called Devil´s Throat. I suggest to rename it: "Devil´s Bronchitis".

After driving for a few hours through the Calchaqui Valley, we arrived to the first winery!
I was really enthusiast about it but wine tasting was horrible. Not because of the wine, that i didn´t even try: it was too crowded, and you had to fight to try a sip of wine from a plastic cup. No glamour, no wine tasting, just drinking :(
Anyway, I took a few nice pics...




Cafayate - 1.650 mts above sea level
I ran away from the tour lunch for a few hours...
I walked a little bit and found a nice spot in front of the main square to have a peaceful lunch and write postcards...


I walked like 2 blocks until I got tired and found the cathedral, so I stopped to take pictures...




We visited another wine cellar and did some more wine tasting... but I prefered to take pictures... Nothing good comes out when you have to struggle for wine :(



This is the winery I wanted to visit, but I was not allowed because you are supposed to book in advance :(


Then we headed back to Salta...


I didn´t feel that bad after all... At the beginning it was tiring but then, it turns out that the higher you are, the drier it feels, so it´s kind of easier to breath...
Hopefully tomorrow I will feel even better !!!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Playlist


MusicPlaylist